NOVEMBER 13 FORT GRATIOT WORKSHOP - PLANNING FOR THE FUTURE DISCUSSION
We're excited to be nearing the end of this planning process, which will lead to a clearer course of action for Fort Gratiot Township to build on its coastal resilience. Please join us on November 13th to express your thoughts and build consensus on this issue.
Coastal Planning Meeting Information
When: Friday, November 13th, 12pm-2pm.
How to access: We will meet via Zoom. Because of the visual aspects of the discussion, we encourage participants to join using a device that allows them to view the presentation.
To access the Zoom meeting at the scheduled time, please click here. If you are only able to join through phone call, please use the following Zoom information:
Meeting ID: 819 4935 2006
- Review meeting one presentation topics
- Review findings from the coast sustainability assessment
- Facilitated group discussion on barriers and opportunities for improved coastal resilience
Prior to Attending:
To prepare for our in-depth discussion please complete the following before November 13th:
- Review the information presented in the Public Kickoff Video
- Think about answers to the following set of questions:
- What are the current challenges the Fort Gratiot community is facing because of changes in the Great Lakes?
- Is the community doing everything it might to address coastal community resiliency through its planning and zoning? If not, why not?
- What changes could help it do more?
- If push comes to shove and we cannot do both, should we prioritize protecting the natural beach or protecting buildings?
- Who should take the lead in making difficult decisions like that — local or state government?