NOVEMBER 11 Norton Shores WORKSHOP - PLANNING FOR THE FUTURE DISCUSSION
We're excited to be nearing the end of this planning process, which will lead to a clearer course of action for Norton Shores to build on its coastal resilience. Please join us on November 11th to express your thoughts and build consensus on this issue.
COASTAL PLANNING MEETING INFORMATION
When: Wednesday, November 11th, 6pm-8pm.
How to register: Click here to register for the Zoom meeting.
- Review meeting one presentation topics
- Review findings from the coast sustainability assessment
- Facilitated group discussion on barriers and opportunities for improved coastal resilience
To prepare for our in-depth discussion please complete the following before November 11th:
- Review the information presented in the Public Kickoff Video
- Think about answers to the following set of questions:
- What are the current challenges the Norton Shores community is facing because of changes in the Great Lakes?
- Is the community doing everything it might to address coastal community resiliency through its planning and zoning? If not, why not?
- What changes could help it do more?
- If push comes to shove and we cannot do both, should we prioritize protecting the natural beach or protecting buildings?
- Who should take the lead in making difficult decisions like that — local or state government?